Modern awards, registered agreements and employee contracts, provide rules about what employees receive at work such as hours they work and how often they must have a break.
The National Employment Standards (NES) and modern awards set out the employee’s minimum entitlements. A registered enterprise agreement or employment contract can provide for other entitlements but they can’t be less than what is in the NES or the award that applies.
As employees can be entitled to a range of entitlements, it can be difficult to navigate the system to ensure your employees are receiving all their applicable entitlements. You need to understand the entitlements of each employee to avoid any penalties imposed by the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO).
Do you have questions as to what your employees are entitled to?
In addition to the above Contracts of employment, CWS can draft an Employment Contracts and tailor them to your business as part of our fee for service.
- Bargaining Representatives
- COVID-19 Leave Provisions and Government Payments
- Employee Termination Myths
- General Overview of EBAs
- Genuine Redundancies – What to Watch out for as an Employer
- Ins and Outs of EBAs
- Summary of Casual Overtime Calculation Changes for the Electrical Award
- Terminating an Enterprise Agreements
- Workers’ Compensation and COVID-19 – Victoria