HR support to
build your workforce
- Scoping a position description & identify selection criteria
- Developing a job ad, assessing candidates & reference checking
- Preparing employment contracts
- Onboarding and inducting new employees
Expertise and tools to help when hiring employees
With Business Solutions Hub by your side, you determine the level of support you need. With The Hub you will find tools and resources to help you through the hiring process. Need extra support ? No problem. Our Specialists are available over the phone, email or face-to-face to support you or do the work for you.
Comprehensive HR Manual
Guide to hiring new employees
Employment contract templates
New employee forms and paperwork
Onboarding procedures and checklist
Why use our
- Locally based team who understand local employment legislation
- Save time trying to find the answers to your HR or workplace questions. Ask our experts!
- Keep informed about changes to employment law that may affect your business
- Scale up and down to suit your needs. Save money by having access to a team of qualified Specialists working on your business…. when you need them
Frequently asked questions
Have questions? We are here to help.
When it comes to hiring, the process can be time-consuming and complex. Key steps, to finding the right candidate for the job:
- Posting the job opening: This step is crucial as it helps to attract potential candidates. Make sure that your job posting is clear and concise, and includes all the necessary information about the job requirements and qualifications.
- Sourcing and screening candidates: Once you have received applications, it is important to screen them carefully to ensure that they meet the requirements of the job. This can involve reviewing resumes, conducting initial phone screenings, and checking references
- Conducting interviews: After you have narrowed down your list of candidates, it’s time to conduct in-person interviews. This is an opportunity to get to know the candidate better and assess their skills and experience
- Checking references: Before making a final decision, it’s important to check the candidate’s references to verify their employment history and qualifications
- Making a job offer: Once you have identified the right candidate, it’s time to make a job offer. This should include all the necessary details about the job, including salary, benefits, and start date on an employment contract.
The team at the Business Solutions Hub are by your side to help you through they hiring process as well as providing access to our Hub of resources, checklists, guides and employment contracts, all prepared and updated by our HR and Legal Specialists.
Here are some tips to help you attract top talent:
- Write clear and concise job descriptions that accurately reflect the position and its requirements
- Offer competitive and fair compensation and benefits packages.
- Create a positive and inclusive company culture that values diversity and promotes work-life balance
- Utilise various recruiting channels, such as job boards, social media, and employee referrals
- Provide opportunities for growth and development within the company.
Streamline the hiring process to minimise delays and communicate effectively with candidates throughout the process.
Some best practices for conducting effective interviews and selecting the right candidate include:
- Preparing a structured interview guide with clear questions and evaluation criteria
- Building rapport and creating a comfortable environment for the candidate to share their experiences and skills
- Asking behavioural-based questions that explore past experiences and performance in relevant situations
- Actively listening and taking notes to ensure a fair and accurate assessment of the candidate
- Avoiding biased questions or assumptions based on personal characteristics or stereotypes
- Checking references and conducting background checks to verify information provided by the candidate
- Collaborating with other team members to evaluate and compare candidates objectively.
With a subscription to The Hub, you can access our team of HR specialists and interview guides to help you prepare for interviewing your candidates.