Right of Entry Training
Build a more effective work environment
The importance of understanding workplace laws cannot be overstated. One of the key aspects of these laws is the regulation of the rights of organisation employees and elected officers to enter premises safely and legally. This is important not only for the individuals themselves, but for the productivity of the organisation as a whole.
By ensuring that everyone is aware of their rights and responsibilities, potential conflicts can be avoided and the workplace can operate more smoothly.
This half-day session provides attendees with an overview of the fundamental concepts union right of entry matters. Attendees will:
- Understand an overview of the relevant legislative provisions outlining the permitted reasons for union officials to enter a site
- Undergo practical training experience covering the proper identification of relevant permits, and dealing with entry queries
- Develop best practice procedures and strategies when dealing with confrontational situations, including conflict resolution and negotiation techniques
- Identify when union officials can and cannot legally enter a commercial construction site
- Understand protected industrial action matters and the consequences of non-protected industrial action, for both employees and companies.
The program is a combination of theory and practical learning allowing attendees to practice and problem solve a variety of scenarios. Attendees can apply learnings with a trainer by their side, providing feedback and advice on the spot.
The program can also be tailored to your specific business needs taking into consideration your organisation’s Right of Entry procedures (if applicable) and delivered onsite for a minimum fee equivalent to 5 attendees at your premises.
For more information or to book call 1300 445 687
WHO IS THIS FOR ?
The training will benefit site supervisors, foremen, project managers, team leaders, managers and business owners who deal with union officials directly on the ground.
Attendees will have the confidence to identify potential and actual impacts on productivity, minimise conflicts and maintain important working relationships for current and future projects.
This facilitated training session is delivered face-to-face at our office in South Melbourne, online or at your location*
The program is a combination of theory and practical learning with application directed back to your business scenario.